As days go by, there is always so much to do. There are 24 hours in a day, about 8 of those we spend sleeping. For the time when we are awake, just how much of it is something that is dedicated to God.
I am not just talking prayer life or study life, I mean the rest of it. You know, the daily stuff, like work, housekeeping, family, people, phone calls, entertainment, hobbies, sports etc. What ever your day is filled with.
As we go about our daily lives, how many times during each day, are we aware that we are serving God and not ourselves?
Lets see…. Is it
- When that telly marketer calls or you are hanging out with your friends.
- When you are watching tv or surfing the internet.
- When the internet stops working.
- When you are playing football or playing golf.
- When someone cuts you off in traffic.
- When your kids cross the line.
- When your plans for the day are changed at the last minute.
- When someone asks something of you and you really don’t feel like doing it.
- When you are running late.
- When the cue at the supermarket may as well be a mile long.
- When you are hanging around the gossipers.
- Someone comes to your door just on dinner time to try to sell you an electricity plan.
- When you have a strict timeline or deadline to meet.
- When no one changes over the empty roll of toilet paper.
- The list goes on and on.
Have you ever said, “I was having a great day UNTIL” lol. I know I have. Like you have been robbed or something. But these “until” moments are still God’s moments. All of them. Yes ALL of them. Grrrrrr I hear you say. I know right!! 🙂
So how much work do we have to do to bring God into ALL of it? Lets have a look for some advice on the matter. The book of proverbs is full of wisdom. The scripture that we are using today, I am sure that you are all familiar with, but I wanted to break it down a bit for you so you all have a clearer meaning of just how complex this one sentence is. One sentence with such a huge amount of advice in it.
In ALL your ways ACKNOWLEDGE him, and he will make straight your paths.
In the Strong’s concordance, the word Acknowledge interprets as the following.
- Be Aware of HIM
- Answer to HIM
- Be Diligent (having or showing care and conscientiousness in one’s work or duties) to HIM
- Be a Familiar Friend (in close friendship; intimate) to HIM
- Declare (speak with deep sincerity, and dignity. Understanding why God wants us to follow his ways and the heart behind it) toward HIM
- Feel HIM
- Be Advised by HIM
- Discern (recognize or find) HIM
- Be Marked (clearly noticeable) for HIM
- Be Taught (instructed) by HIM
God wants ALL of our lives to be a reflection of His ways, not ours. But He does this, because we are his vessels on earth. We are the ones who are the example of God’s love to the world. We are the ones who are to carry the message of our faith in good times and in bad. But most of all, He does this because he truly loves each and every one of us and wants us to be set free from the mindset of the world’s ways.
So let us all be more aware of our place in this world. Let our words and actions reflect the direction of the Word of God. For that is our role in this life.
Be blessed everyone.