For many years I have seen with my own eyes preachers and teachers standing on the pulpit declaring that “God does not want you to be financially poor”, “You will be financially wealthy if you walk with God”. “God has blessed me (financially) for all of my efforts and hard work within the ministry of God. That is how I got my big car and big house”.
I have seen with my own eyes, Leaders of churches deceiving people by twisting the precious Word of God to justify their prosperity doctrines. I have seen with my own eyes, some Leaders and Followers of Christ use the vulnerability of other people to gain financial success.
If this belief “Financial Prosperity” was a true doctrine how do you explain this:
Within the global Body of Christ, there still remains so much financial poverty. Is this because these people are not faithful enough to God to have any wealth? Is it because they are lazy? Is it because they are sinners and the rest of the Christians with money aren’t? I think not.
In actual fact the doctrine itself, is directed mainly towards western culture. Why is this? Because it a society that has been led to think that wealth is strength, happiness and power. The mention of money gets people’s attention over everything else. Unfortunately sometimes the worlds ways leak into the church. Unfortunately the leak spreads to those who have not kept their spiritual houses in good condition, they do not have a good understanding of the truth according to God. So they do not have any defense against false doctrines. So because it sounds good, it therefore must be true.
“If you just rub the lantern of God hard enough the Holy Spirit will come out and your financial wish will be His command. You will be set!!”
HMMMMM……LETS SEE ABOUT THAT SHALL WE.
Are You a Christian Who Wishes To Serve Others or To Serve Yourself?
Selah!! (Stop and Consider this Important Question)
What is Prosperity Teaching ?
It Promotes Personal Empowerment…..
It Supplies to YOUR MORTAL FLESH
- God Gives Great Financial Gain to YOU Who Believes
- The More YOU Give In Donations and Offerings, the Much Much More Financial Gain YOU Will Get In Return
- God’s Wants YOU to Be Happy and Content as a Result of YOUR Financial Prosperity
What is God’s Teaching on This Topic?
God’s Word Promotes Body of Christ Empowerment…..
It Supplies to YOUR ETERNAL SOUL
- Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Acts 20:35 I coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel. You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my necessities and to those who were with me. In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
- Timothy 6:6 But Godliness with contentment is great gain.
Timothy 6:5-11 Warns Us Of This Doctrine
CONCORDANCE STUDY IS AT END OF TODAY’S POST
IN A NUTSHELL
There are those who:
- Will twist and steal from the Word of God for personal gain
- Will teach that financial security is a fruit (the bi-product) of your faith
STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE
God’s Truth in the Matter Is:
- Faith with contentment is what gives you financial security, because you trust God in all things
- We cant take anything with us when we take that last breath on this earth
- Our satisfaction should come from NEEDS being met
- Those that pursue & obtain wealth as the deserving fruit of their faith, will be tricked into their own spiritual demise.
- The love of money source of ALL evil
- We are to focus on righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience & meekness
FALSE DOCTRINE IS A STUMBLING BLOCK FOR MANY BELIEVERS AND NON BELIEVERS ALSO
FALSE DOCTRINE TARNISHES THE PERFECT WORD AND WORK OF GOD IN PEOPLE’S LIVES
IF YOU SPEND TIME READING THE WORD OF GOD AND ATTENDING CHURCH AND STRENGTHENING YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
YOU WILL LEARN TO BE DISCERNING AND KNOW GOD’S TRUTH FROM THE WORLDS LIES
On Another Note
Also I am not having a dig at Christians who are wealthy. This is specifically about the teaching of false doctrines.
Timothy 6:5-11 CONCORDANCE STUDY
Perverse disputings (use for the wrong purpose) of men of corrupt (willing to act dishonestly for personal gain) minds and destitute (steal plunder) of the truth, supposing that GAIN (financial security) IS GODLINESS (sacred, holiness, faith): from such withdraw (stay away from) thyself.
But GODLINESS (sacred, holiness, faith) with contentment (happy and satisfied) is GREAT (important) GAIN (financial security)
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and clothing let us therefore be content (happy and satisfied)
But they that will be rich (have a great deal of assets, finances) fall into temptation (the desire to do what is wrong) and a snare (trap, trick), and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown (die through submersion) men in destruction (the process of coming apart ,losing strength,ending existence by damaging or attacking) and perdition (losing something, complete and utter ruin).
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
But you, Oh man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience,meekness.